Tuesday, April 2, 2013

C4T #3



Post #1

The teacher I am assigned to is Brian Bennett. He is a high school teacher in South Bend, Indiana. Brian's post was about how lazy our elected leaders are being. Brian wrote legislative leaders a letter letting them know that he thinks they are not being very effective, and that he would like that to change. In his letter he wrote that even his young adult students know that something is wrong with our government. Brian thinks that everyone should write the leaders a letter and maybe it will make them realize what is being done wrong.

I commented on Brian's Post and told him I enjoyed reading his post. I totally agree with Brian that citizens should make it known how they really feel about our leaders. They should simply write them a letter to inform them. I think it would open many of their eyes and maybe some changes would occur. Im glad Brian took the time to write them a letter stating his opinion.

Post #2

The next post I commented on was Mr. Bennett's Teachers Speak Up Again. In this post Mr. Bennett described his response he received from one of our elected leaders in regards to his letter he sent earlier this month. Our leader did not address any of the issues Mr. Bennett had spoken of, and he did not act concerned at all. Mr. Bennett wrote another reply to this leader, and told him just that. He also wrote in this letter that education should not be there to balance the budget. He also spoke of schools in Chicago closing because of this. Those children are having to move to different schools all because of the United States budget.

My response to Mr. Bennett's post was pretty much the same as last time. I told Mr. Bennett how much I hate this is happening. I really hate how our elected leaders do not care much about this. I think it is a big deal. I am thinking of writing a letter myself, and I think other students and teachers should too. I also told Mr. bennett how bad I felt for the children in Chicago whose schools were shut down.

No comments:

Post a Comment