Sunday, February 24, 2013

Project #10 Finding the Right Tool

Finding the Right Tool

google.com I am going to school to become a math teacher, hopefully for high school students. I researched many techniques and other useful tools. I found many tools that would benefit myself and my students. First, I would like to state the obvious. Google is the best! You can find so many helpful resources by just searching a simple key word. Many questions are answered by Google everyday. Next, I discovered a wonderful tool called Chegg. Chegg can be used when a student is having trouble solving an equation, or just needs a lesson overview of the material. The student simply sets Chegg to work out of the textbook assigned to the student. Then, the student just types in the problem, and Chegg gives a detailed solution to the problem. Chegg has free trial offers, or you can purchase Chegg for a whole year for a low price. I think this is a very valuable tool for math students.

Another tool that would be a really big help to all algebra teachers is a website called Math Teacher Tools. This website makes coming up with a worksheet simple and easy for teachers. The teacher simply plugs in how many problems of one step equations, how many two step equations, how many solve by elimination equations, and many more. I think this is a great tool and could be a great help. It even gives an answer key, and how much percentage each problem is worth. I will surely keep this is mind for when I have my own classroom.

Another helpful website is Math.com. This website is more for teachers also. It offers lesson plans, worksheets, quizzes, and much more. Teachers can pull from this website to help enhance their lessons, and give their students worksheets to work on. It also has formulas and table sheets for students. Also, this website offers study tips for students. Math can be very difficult to some students, and I think this website could help a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment