Thursday, February 7, 2013

Project #4 C4T#1

First Post and Comment Summary

The teacher I was assigned is named John Ferriter. He teaches 6th grade language arts in North Carolina. He was named Regional Teacher of the Year in 2005-2006. His most recent post is on a workshop he is holding this spring. The workshops are basically about introducing technology in the classroom. In this post, he talks about a book he wrote called Teaching the Igeneration. He tells us that his book is about technology advantages in the classroom. It involves intellectual involvement and also helps the teacher with planning daily activities. At his workshops, he wants to address what is going on in schools, and what should be going on in schools.

The comment I posted was telling Mr. Ferriter how interested I am in his belief to use technology in the classroom. He has some very neat ideas. I also informed him I was a student at the University of South Alabama studying secondary education-math. I commented and said that I thought his workshops seemed interesting.

Second Post and Comment Summary

Another post written by John Ferriter is titled Introducing Our Newest Cause: #sugarkills. Mr. Ferriter's post is about his students blogging and posting their thoughts on sugar snacks and drinks. They want to make a difference in other kid's lives and make unhealthy foods known. Mr. Ferriter says that his students are so involved with this activity, that during lunch waves his students are in his room blogging. He posted a link to the class blog and it was very interesting. Reading what the students have posted about unhealthy foods is very helpful and interesting.

The comment I left on this post was informing Mr. Ferriter of such a great idea this was. I told him I hope to one day develop fun ideas for my students to learn with just like he did. I also commented that I read his student's blog and enjoyed it. Mr. Ferriter seems to be a fun, and outgoing teacher. His blog posts are very informative!

No comments:

Post a Comment