Sunday, April 28, 2013

Last C4T #4



Post #1

Mr. Bill Genereux is a teacher at Kansas State University at Salina. He is an Associate Professor of Systems Technology. The post I commented on this week was 24 Hour Media Fast. He made a video on his reflection of an assignment he completed with his students. He assigned them to not use electronic media for 24 hours, and record your thoughts through the whole day. In his video, he told us how he felt during this fast. He caught himself wanting to check his email, read on his kindle, and surf the internet throughout the day. He told us that this assignment was very challenging.

I commented on his post and told him that this was a very good assignment. I know I would have a difficult time completing it. I told him that electronic media consumes most of my day, and I would probably panic if I had to go a few hours without it. I really enjoyed watching the video to this post. I thought the assignment was unique and creative.

Post #2

This week I commented on Mr. Genereux's blog post titled Superhero Proportions. This was a very cool post. He thought of a way to configure superheroes into math lessons. The lesson would be to measure the superheroes head. Then, figure out how much percentage of the body the head consumes. I think this a great idea! He even posted pictures of superheroes and their head lengths.

I commented on Mr. Genereux's post and told him I loved this idea. I think math students would really enjoy this activity. I also informed him that I am a math education major and this was just my cup of tea. I really enjoyed reading through his blog. He seems to be a very intelligent teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment