Tuesday, March 5, 2013

C4T #2

Post #1

The teacher I was assigned to is Mrs. Krebs. She teaches junior high school, language arts, and science. Her post was about an activity she uses in her classroom called genius hour. Genius hour is where her students make up any kind of question or activity and presents it to the class. Mrs. Krebs tells the students she will not judge them and to use their creativity. After presenting it to the class, her students talk more about it on their blog. She left this post with two questions. Do students need specific learning goals in genius hour? Must students be able to explain why their project is worth learning?

I commented on this post and told Ms. Krebs that genius hour was a wonderful activity. It gets the students thinking, and having fun while learning. Students are able to be creative, and present to their fellow classmates and teacher. When presenting they are showing just how creative they truly are. I also told Mrs. Krebs that I would love to use this idea one day when I have my own classroom. I am very interested in Mrs. Kreb's Blog.

Post #2

The post I commented on this week was titled "Connected Learning: Thanks To My Neighbors". Mrs. Krebs posted about her PLN. She has decided this was her personal learning neighborhood. She thinks of her PLN as her personal learning neighborhood because everyone she has included in it has a special spot. She has many different people that can assist her with many different things. She has grown close to them like neighbors. The next topic she discussed was using technology and teaching. She says that technology has greatly improved the learning environment and she uses it when she teaches.

I commented on her post and explained that we have just started our own personal PLN. I hope one day my PLN is so advanced that it can become my personal learning neighborhood. I hope to gain many resources to add to my PLN. I also told Mrs. Krebs that I love the idea she uses technology in her classroom everyday. I hope one day every classroom is furnished with the technology it needs to help students succeed. Hopefully by the time I have my own classroom this will be available.

google.com

No comments:

Post a Comment